The purpose of these papers is to provide contextual and historical information that will help people understand particular topics of importance for questions about personal immortality. The paper topics are arranged below according to their appropriate theme—here, either philosophy or theology. All the papers have been written by various members of the Project Team, primarily the Graduate Research Assistants.
- Three Questions Concerning the Afterlife Beliefs of Six World Religions
- Buddhist Views of the Afterlife
- Islamic Belief about the Afterlife
- Mormonism and Human Immortality
- Paths to the Afterlife in the Hindu Faith
- Christianity and the Afterlife
- The Cultural and Historical Development and Decline of Immortality in Judaism